Thursday, July 26, 2012 at 2:05PM
We here at Parallels have seen some of questions coming through from our users about getting their copy of Parallels Desktop 7 ready for OS X Mountain Lion. We put together a quick set of tips for getting your copy of Parallels Desktop 7 ready to rock-and-roar with Mountain Lion!
I am going to update to OS X Mountain Lion, what should I do to prepare Parallels Desktop 7 before?
1) Launch Parallels Desktop 7
2) Go to the Parallels Desktop menu and click “Check for updates”
3) This will download the latest build (Parallels Desktop 7.0.15104.778994, released on July 10, 2012) for you.
I've already upgraded to OS X Mountain Lion, and Parallels Desktop 7 does not start after upgrading to Mountain Lion:
If this alert appears once you've updated to OS X Mountain Lion, Parallels Desktop is not updated to the latest build 7.0.15104
1) Download the update (warning this link will automatically initiate the download): http://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/download/dr/
2) Run the downloaded file and install Parallels Desktop 7.0.15104. Note: only Parallels Desktop application will be reinstalled, no Virtual Machines will be affected.
I'm not seeing the solution to my situation here, where else can I go for additional information?
We're so glad that you asked! If you're looking for additional support information we recommend checking out our Knowledge Base article entitled: Parallels Desktop for Mac and OS X Mountain Lion Top 10 recommended solutions
Upgrade to Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac now!